Foster Home Guidelines
City: State: Zip:
Best time and place to reach you:
How long at current Job:
Spouse/Significant Other's Name:
Names and ages:
How many children in your home:
If children are present in the home, have they ever been exposed to dogs before?
Personal References (not related to you
Relationship to applicant:
Name, phone number and Address of your current
veterinarian. If you do not have any pets currently, but did, please provide previous veterinarian information.
Description of your Home:
1. What kind of home do you live in?
Single Family Home
2. Do you:
Live With Parents/Relative
3. If you rent, please provide the name,
address, and phone number of the Landlord:
4. How long at your current address:
5. Do you have a fenced in yard?
6. If Yes or partial fencing, please provide approximate measurements,
height and type of fencing:
7. Do you have a Kennel Run?
8. If Yes, please provide approximate measurements of your kennel run:
9. If No, how will dog be exercise & toilet be handled:
10. Which best describes your home?
House in the Country
House in the City
House in the Suburbs
House in a Rural Area
11. Is there anyone in your home with animal
related allergies-If so please explain:
Pets in Foster Home:
1. Do you presently own any dogs?
2. If yes, are they spayed or neutered?
3. Other pets in home?
4. List names, breed and gender of each of
your current pets (cats, dogs, etc.):
5. How many other dogs have you owned in the last 5 years?
6. What happened to your last dog?
Died-list age and cause:
7. Are all of your animals (dogs/cats) on
heartworm preventative and flea and tick control?
1. Where will your foster dog spend most of the day?
2. If Indoors:
Free run of the house
Limited area of house
3. If Outdoors:
4. How many hours will the foster dog be alone
5. Is someone home at all times or will the
dog need to be alone for a portion of the day:
6. Where will the foster dog sleep?
Family Member's Bed
Exercise and Discipline:
1. How would you exercise your foster dog:
Fenced area attached to
Walks on leash-please
2. Have you ever house trained a dog ?
If yes, please describe your method used to
3. What is your definition of disciplining
4. How would you handle a dog's destructive
behavior? For example, dog gets into garbage, chews, etc:
5. Have you or your family ever owned a Boxer?
6. Why do you want to foster a Boxer?
7. Further comments or additional information
that you would like us know:
8. Do you agree to allow a Boxer Rescue agent to visit your home prior to
9. Please let us know how you heard of our organization?
Internet Search Engine
Boxer Expo Day - BAR Representative
Other Shelter/Rescue Organization
Met Former Adopter
Be sure to complete the entire form. The more accurate the information is, to faster the process will go!